Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back in Virginia!

I flew back to Virginia on Saturday.  I had an early flight from Florida which meant I got into Charlottesville at noon.  My friend, Carla, and her daughter picked me up at the airport and they were a very welcomed sight.  We spent the drive getting caught up on all the latest and soon we were turning into my driveway.  Bliss, joy, rapture.  I love to travel but I also love coming home to my cozy abode knowing that I can burrow in and become a hermit (for a limited time, at least).  They helped me drag my 50 pounds of luggage/crap into the house and soon departed leaving me to wallow in my nest.  Which I did with a vengeance for the remainder of the weekend.

This voyage has been an amazing experience.  Looking over some of the entries in the blog makes me wish for a longer time on the ship and more countries to visit.  I hope someday I'll be fortunate enough to sail again.  In the meantime, Semester at Sea announced they would no longer be sailing these short-term voyages since the enrollment numbers were so low.  I was sorry to hear the news since I think the short-term trips offer a real service to the students who can't afford the time or the money for the longer voyages.  I'm so glad I had the opportunity to do this.  I have some fantastic new memories and friends because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just would like to give an enormous
thumbs up for the great information you’ve right here
on this post. I will be coming again to your blog for more soon.


Visit my page - seoul seoul-t'ukpyolsi south korea